In August 2015, more than 650+ people completed an online survey to provide feedback on draft goals for the Crowchild Trail Study. Their feedback was used to develop the goals below. The survey was available through the project website.
Please read below to see a summary of what we heard and the goals developed then answer the few short questions that follow to help finalize the goals for the study.
Additional information on these goals, the key principles and the Crowchild Trail Study are available by clicking on Topic Details and then clicking on the website or document link that interests you.
These questions will be open for input until Oct 4, 2015.
Thank you for your input!
WHAT WE HEARD:
• Supporting alternate modes of travel including, walking, cycling and taking transit, is important.
• Transit stops need to be safe and accessible for everyone, especially for people with limited mobility.
• Free flow traffic and reduced congestion is important.
• Traffic weaving as a result of crossing multiple lanes in a short distance is a safety concern.
• Free flow traffic should not come at the cost of bordering communities.
• Have to consider all users’ needs of Crowchild Trail, but especially Emergency Response Services.
GOALS IN KEY PRINCIPLE #2
• Provide continuous pedestrian and cycling routes nearby, but not on, Crowchild Trail to connect major destinations along the corridor.
• Provide for convenient, high capacity, high frequency bus service along Crowchild Trail.
• Enhance the Crowchild Trail corridor to better fulfill its role as a primary route for delivery of emergency response and health services, and for connecting to major destinations.
• Provide for more continuous traffic flow on Crowchild Trail that addresses bottleneck points and traffic weaving.
- More Info:
- Revised goals for travel ALONG Crowchild Trail
- Engagement Recap - Phase 2: Confirm Project Goals
- Project goals and current status
- Project information
- Provide your input: Crowchild Trail Project Goals - Maintain and enhance bordering communities
- Provide your input: Crowchild Trail Project Goals - Improve travel ACROSS Crowchild Trail
THIS SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED
If you have any questions, please Email us.