In August 2015, more than 650+ people completed an online survey to provide feedback on draft goals for the Crowchild Trail Study. Their feedback was used to develop the goals below. The survey was available through the project website.
Please read below to see a summary of what we heard and the goals developed then answer the few short questions that follow to help finalize the goals for the study.
Additional information on these goals, the key principles and the Crowchild Trail Study are available by clicking on Topic Details and then clicking on the website or document link that interests you.
These questions will be open for input until Oct 4, 2015.
Thank you for your input!
WHAT WE HEARD:
• Preserving and enhancing the quality of life and vibrancy of bordering communities is important.
• If purchasing private property is not considered it could limit potential solutions or better options.
• The City should avoid impacting private property.
• Noise reduction options should be cost-efficient, visually pleasing and functional.
• Need to maintain safe and efficient access to and from bordering communities.
• Pedestrian and cyclist safety and connectivity to communities is important.
• Vehicle flow along Crowchild Trail and a functional roadway should be the focus.
GOALS IN KEY PRINCIPLE #1
• Prioritize concepts that fit within existing City-owned lands over concepts that require purchasing private property, while considering all opportunities that will address the long-term needs of the corridor.
• Address how changes to Crowchild Trail affect traffic patterns and safety in bordering communities.
• Consider current and visually-pleasing ways to reduce traffic noise along Crowchild Trail.
• Enhance green spaces, park spaces and pathways along the Crowchild Trail corridor.
- More Info:
- Revised Goals for Key Principle #1
- Engagement Recap - Phase 2: Confirm Project Goals
- Project goals and current status
- Project information
- Provide your input: Crowchild Trail Project Goals - Improve travel ALONG Crowchild Trail
- Provide your input: Crowchild Trail Project Goals - Improve travel ACROSS Crowchild Trail
THIS SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED
If you have any questions, please Email us.